When: February 26th, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Where: 55 Fillmore St, San Francisco
Get Tickets HERE!
Do you know what the State Controller does? How is it different from the duties of the State Treasurer? Who is the Insurance Commissioner? The Governor’s office gets a lot of attention but do you know what California’s other 7 statewide officeholders do?
To answer your questions, the United Democratic Club presents "SF Politics 201 - Statewide Offices." We’ve had such great success with our Politics 101 series that we’ve expanded it to provide a deeper dive into specific issues. This month we’ll be focusing on California’s statewide elected officials. We’ll be hearing from representatives from eight statewide offices and how they represent the interests of all Californians.
*** FREE EVENT - RSVP REQUIRED ***
Topics we’ll cover:
• The powers of each statewide office and how they affect you.
• Who is on the Gubernatorial Line of Succession?
• What is at stake in this year’s elections?
• What have they accomplished while in office?
• The following offices will be represented:
Secretary of State
Superintendent of Public Instruction
Board of Equalization
Bring your questions!
• Doors open at 6:30 PM.
• The program starts at 6:50 PM sharp.
• Free event but RSVP required
• The site does not have ADA bathrooms. We apologize for the inconvenience.